New World Technologies Inc (RAD Torque Systems) is currently looking for an experienced Red Seal Machinist to work in or custom products department (R&D). Wage range is between $32 to $40 per hour, based on years of experience.
Machinists set up and operate a variety of machine tools to cut or grind metal, plastic or other materials to make or modify parts or products with precise dimensions. Machining inspects machined parts and tooling in order to maintain quality control standards. The individual coming into this role should have previous experience working in metal fabrication.
Please note that this role comes with shift work as follows:
Daily hours for 1st shift will be Mon-Fri, 7:00AM-3:30PM, and 2nd shift, 3:15PM-1:15AM . On 2-week rotations.
We offer a competitive wage, group health benefits, quarterly profit-sharing bonuses as well as assistance with education and more!
The Role and Responsibilities:
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints, charts and tables or study sample parts to determine machining operation to be performed, and plan best sequence of operations
- Compute dimensions and tolerances and measure and lay out work pieces
- Set up, operate and maintain a variety of machine tools including computer numerically controlled (CNC) tools to perform precision, non-repetitive machining operations such as sawing, turning, milling, boring, planning, drilling, precision grinding and other operations
- Fit and assemble machined metal parts and subassemblies using hand and power tools
- Verify dimensions of products for accuracy and conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments
- May set up and program machine tools for use by machining tool operators.
- Verify dimensions of machined parts or tooling using micrometers, verniers, callipers, height gauges, optical comparators, co-ordinate measuring machines (CMM) or other specialized measuring instruments
- Maintain, repair and calibrate precision measuring instruments such as dial indicators, fixed gauges, height gauges and other measuring devices
- Report deviations from specifications and tolerances to supervisor
- Complete and maintain inspection reports.
- Other duties as assigned
- Certified Red Seal Machinist.
- Additional manufacturing process certifications considered an asset training / Lean / ASQ / Six Sigma
- Previous experience with metal manufacturing/fabrication.
- 2-3 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment with machine operation / quality control / inspection.
- Experience with shift work considered an asset.
- Must be able to read drawing and inspect parts to drawing, GD&T.
- Must be able to follow procedures and work instructions.
- Ability to manage around tight deadlines and still get it right.
- Have strong computer skills and knowledge of programming CNC machines (CAM).
- Strong problem-solving skills in machining.
New World Technologies Inc. is a leading Canadian manufacturer of pneumatic, battery powered, and electronic pistol grip torque wrenches which are marketed under the RAD trademark. RAD products have proven to be successful all over the world in such industries as oil & gas, petrochemical, mining, aerospace, power generation and manufacturing.
Operating out of Abbotsford, British Columbia, New World Technologies Inc. employs over 130 employees who are committed to achieving the highest level of innovation, quality, and performance. We don’t just manufacture great tools; we ensure quality from conception through to production, and even years after initial use.
Our extensive in-house machining facilities ensure maximum flexibility and responsiveness, enabling quick deliveries and customer satisfaction.
What we offer:
- Competitive wages, comprehensive benefits including health and dental coverage, EAP, profit sharing bonuses, flex hours.
- A fun innovative culture with a high-quality product we are all proud of.
- Our office is in the heart of the Fraser Valley, in Abbotsford, B.C.
- NWT is an equal opportunity employer welcomes applicants of all backgrounds.
- $2500 relocation bonus to anyone coming from outside of British Columbia.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $32.00-$40.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Abbotsford, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Metal fabrication: 2 years (preferred)
- Red Seal (preferred)