New World Technologies Inc. is a leading Canadian manufacturer of pneumatic, battery powered, and electronic pistol grip torque wrenches which are marketed under the RAD trademark. RAD products have proven to be successful all over the world in such industries as oil & gas, petrochemical, mining, aerospace, power generation and manufacturing.
Operating out of Abbotsford, British Columbia, New World Technologies Inc. employs over 130 employees who are committed to achieving the highest level of innovation, quality, and performance. We don’t just manufacture great tools; we ensure quality from conception through to production, and even years after initial use.
Our extensive in-house machining facilities ensure maximum flexibility and responsiveness, enabling quick deliveries and customer satisfaction.
New World Technologies is currently looking for 2 Electronic Assemblers. No experience? We will train you!
The Electronics Assembly Level I will learn to disassemble, assemble, and modify product to produce sub assembles that will become RAD products. They will assemble parts based on needs from the Electronics Assembly Supervisor. The Electronics Assembly I will be able to solder and troubleshoot/test basic electrical/electronic issues. They will be trained to test finished assemblies and tools for basic function. They will have good quality and quantity of assembly output, and manufacturing efficiency.
Please note that this role comes with shift work as follows on 2-week rotations:
Hours of work are:
Mon-Fri, 7:00 AM-3:30 PM (5 days, 8-hour days 40 hours per week)
Mon-Thurs, 3:15 PM-1:15 AM (4 days, 10-hour days, 40 hours per week)
We offer a competitive wage, group health benefits, quarterly profit-sharing bonuses as well as assistance with education and more!
The Role and Responsibilities:
- Attend daily huddle with assembly staff team and assist with the development of the daily planned work.
- Maintains a clean and respectful workplace.
- Have the manual dexterity to be able to assemble a variety of electronic components in a safe, and time efficient manner.
- Learning electronic assembly quality and production standards.
- Work with Electronic Assembly Supervisor on ERP software.
- Works co-operatively with team to have finished products that meets RADs quality standards and regulations in an efficient and effective manner.
- Learning about the application of epoxies, coating, gluing, and silicone to electronic assemblies.
- Ensures all paperwork and ERP transactions through the system are done and complete with no issues left to resolve.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma is an asset
- Electronics common core or equivalent.
- 1 year experience in an electronic manufacturing environment considered an asset.
- Basic skills in disassembly and reassembly of components.
- Knowledge of computers (hardware) and programming (software, firmware)
- Experience with and knowledge of ERP systems considered an asset
- Experience with shift work and ability to work variety of shifts
- Be able to read, use and understand electronic equipment (Digital Multimeter, Solder Iron Station, Stripper, Crimper, etc.), hand tools, and small power tools (Drill, Dremel, etc.).
- Installation of hardware (screws, nuts, gear boxes, etc.) using hand or handheld tools.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Ability to manage around tight deadlines and still get it right.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
What we offer:
- Competitive wages, comprehensive benefits including health and dental coverage, EAP, profit sharing bonuses, flex hours.
- A fun innovative culture with a high-quality product we are all proud of.
- Our office is in the heart of the Fraser Valley, in Abbotsford, B.C.
- NWT is an equal opportunity employer welcomes applicants of all backgrounds.